Sullivan Law has the best Kansas City MO product liability attorneys that have helped clients win over $100 million in settlements. Our top product liability lawyer in Kansas City, Tim Morgan, specializes in handling defective and dangerous product cases. Here is a list of top 5 tips that can help you win a product liability case:
- Gathering solid evidence in support of your case - This tip holds valid to any legal litigation, more so in product liability claims. You must prove that you've suffered injuries or financial losses due to the defect in a particular product or its design or its manufacturing. It can be harder than it sounds, and only an experienced defective device lawyer can help you present the most compelling evidence in support of your claim.
- Proving joint and several liability - "joint and several" liability is one of the doctrines, where every defendant in your claim is responsible both "jointly" and "severally" (separately) for the payment of your damages. When you have several defendants in your case, you can be sure to recover a reasonable sum of damages from the parties either jointly or separately.
- Hire an experienced product liability lawyer - The laws surrounding product liability differs from one state to another, and the question of whom to sue differs from one product liability case to another considerably. Furthermore, tracking down the number of parties or corporations involved in your claim can be a real challenge, and only a skilled liability attorney in Kansas City with the right resources can help you file a solid claim with the names of all the responsible parties as defendants. Proving a product liability case can be harder when compared to other legal litigations because you are usually fighting against big corporations and multinational companies. Without a Kansas City product liability lawyer on your side, you hardly stand a chance at winning an award.
- Proving fault and negligence - You need to prove to the court that you suffered injuries and financial losses because of a specific product's defect and that you used the product as intended. In addition to your claim, you must argue that your defendants' negligence while manufacturing or supplying the product is the cause of your injuries.
- Understanding the type of product liability claims - If you suffer injuries or other damages from the use of a defective product, you must first determine and understand the type of your defective product liability claim to improve your chances of winning. All defective product claims fall under three broad categories: defective manufacturing, defective design, and failure to provide adequate instructions regarding the use of the product. A product liability lawyer can help you determine the claim category and assist you in gathering compelling evidence accordingly.
Contact Sullivan Law today for a free consultation or visit https://www.sullivantrial.com/contact/. Our leading product liability lawyer in Kansas City, Tim Morgan, can help you win the rightful settlement you deserve for your economic and non-economic losses.product liability lawyer Kansas City
View Larger Map